Hey there fellow bikers!
It’s that time of year again where we dust off our bikes and hit the open road to feel the wind in our hair and the bugs in our teeth. Because let’s face it, there’s nothing quite like the freedom of a motorcycle road trip (except maybe a motorcycle road trip with a windshield, but we won’t get into that).
So grab your helmets and your leathers (or your fluorescent safety vest, we don’t judge) and get ready to hit the road. Here are the top 10 motorcycle road trips in the US that you won’t want to miss:
- The Blue Ridge Parkway – This stunning 469-mile stretch through the Appalachian Mountains is a must-see for any biker. With beautiful views and winding roads, it’s the perfect combination of challenging and relaxing.
- The Pacific Coast Highway – This iconic route stretches for over 650 miles along the California coast, offering breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean (when it’s not shrouded in fog). Just make sure to stop at all the tourist traps, because nothing says “cool biker” like a t-shirt with a giant redwood tree on it.
- The Tail of the Dragon – Located in Tennessee and North Carolina, this stretch of road is well-known among bikers for its 318 curves in just 11 miles. It’s a thrilling ride that’s not for the faint of heart, or the faint of bladder. Make sure to stop at all the scenic overlooks, because what’s more hard core than a “badass biker” selfie in front of a waterfall.
- The Beartooth Highway – Located in Montana and Wyoming, this 68-mile stretch of road takes you through the breathtakingly beautiful Beartooth Mountains (just watch out for the actual bears).
- The Natchez Trace Parkway – This 444-mile route through Tennessee, Mississippi, and Alabama is a beautiful and peaceful ride through history (unless you’re stuck behind a tractor the whole time).
- The Cherokee Foothills Scenic Highway – This South Carolina route offers a mix of winding mountain roads and stunning views of the Blue Ridge Mountains (and about a million bobble-head owls).
- The San Juan Skyway – This 236-mile route through Colorado’s Rocky Mountains is a must-see for any biker (as long as you’re not afraid of heights, or avalanches).
- The Going-to-the-Sun Road – This Montana road takes you through the breathtakingly beautiful Glacier National Park (and about a million RVs).
- The Kancamagus Highway – This New Hampshire route offers a mix of winding roads and stunning views of the White Mountains (and about a million leaf peepers).
- The Overseas Highway – This Florida route takes you from the mainland to Key West, offering breathtaking views of the ocean and a taste of island life (just watch out for all the retired people driving 20 mph in the left lane).
No matter which route you choose, a motorcycle road trip is the ultimate way to experience the beauty of the US (and the frustration of sharing the road with everyone else). Happy travels!