MILWAUKEE (Feb. 23, 2018) Harley-Davidson® welcomes all fans to the sunny Atlantic coast of Florida for the 77th Daytona Bike Week and the unofficial start of motorcycle riding season across the United States.
Harley-Davidson rolls into Daytona to help showcase and celebrate motorcycle culture and the community of Harley-Davidson fans who descend on Florida from around the globe. Daytona Bike Week is an annual celebration that brings people together, riders and non-riders, to embrace the sport of motorcycling.
The first big event of its 115th anniversary year, Harley-Davidson will host its Harley Headquarters on the grounds of the Daytona International Speedway. At the Speedway, come experience free demo rides on 2018 motorcycles, including the new Forty-Eight® Special and Iron 1200™ models and Limited Edition 115th Anniversary models March 10 – 17 from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Additionally, fans can enjoy special events, parties and displays throughout the 77th Daytona Bike Week.
“As the official motorcycle of Daytona Bike Week, Harley-Davidson is excited to be back in Florida to kick off another great riding season,” said Chris Urban, Harley-Davidson U.S. Events Manager. “Daytona offers something for everyone – from bike shows and parties to racing and outstanding touring opportunities. Harley-Davidson is in Daytona to celebrate the freedom of riding and the bond of friendship. It’s the perfect way to kickstart our 115th Anniversary year.”
For complete information on Harley-Davidson activities and events during Daytona Bike Week visit h-d.com/daytona and download the H-D Daytona mobile app.
Harley Headquarters at the Speedway
Official Harley-Davidson Bike Week activities are consolidated at one action-packed venue located at West International Speedway Blvd. on the grounds of Daytona International Speedway. Open March 10 – 17 from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. daily with free motorcycle parking, this expansive Harley-Davidson location will offer:
- Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Demos: See and ride more than 100 new 2018 Harley-Davidson models including the just-released Sport Glide™ plus Limited Edition 115th Anniversary models and new Softail® and Touring models powered by the potent Milwaukee-Eight® The demo fleet also includes the stunning 2018 CVO™ models and bikes fully customized with Harley-Davidson Genuine Motor Accessories.
- Milwaukee-Eight Display Truck: Experience the Milwaukee-Eight engine through technical displays and feel the rumble of this exciting V-Twin on the Harley-Davidson® JUMPSTART™ Rider Experience. Check out the customized Harley-Davidson Rebel Freightliner truck and a display of new items from Harley-Davidson Genuine Motor Parts & Accessories.
- See It/Try It/Buy It: Demo new Harley-Davidson helmets and riding gear when you demo-ride a bike. A selection of new Genuine MotorClothes will be available for purchase on site. Visit with Harley-Davidson fit consultants at the H-D1™ Fit Shop for any customization needs.
- Harley-Davidson Museum®: The H-D Museum display is the only place in Daytona to get an official, collectible Willie G. Daytona T-shirt. Check out the new line of Harley-Davidson Originals; timeless, vintage-inspired clothing that celebrates Harley-Davidson’s proud history. Grab a seat and view recently unearthed, decades-old H-D Daytona beach-racing footage from the H-D Museum Archives Department.
- O.G.® Rally Point at the Speedway: Join Pete Schwab, Todd “Thor” Robinson, Paul Blotske and other Harley-Davidson Staff members at the H.O.G. Rally Point. Relax in the H.O.G. members lounge and visit the H.O.G. Check In to pick up the 2018 event pin, with a design celebrating the Harley-Davidson 115th and H.O.G. 35th anniversaries (reserved for Harley Owners Group members only). Members who are participating in the H.O.G. ABC’s of Touring program can grab a photo at the H.O.G. booth to validate their attendance and receive the recognition.
- NEW EagleRider Rentals and Tours: Stop by and learn how EagleRider – the exclusive U.S. provider of rentals and tours for H-D – can help riders join one of the planned Harley-Davidson 115th Anniversary Rides Home to Milwaukee. Additionally, check out EagleRider’s expanded nationwide network of rental locations.
- NEW Harley-Davidson Adventure Challenge Station: Participate in a new program open to all riders – the Adventure Challenge. Stop by to pick up the Adventure Challenge map for Daytona with riding routes, local points of interest, and other insider tips. Complete a specified route to earn a commemorative pin.
- NEW MDA Charity Raffle: Enter with a chance to win a new Harley-Davidson Street Glide® Proceeds to support MDA in its fight to free individuals – and the families who love them – from the harm of muscular dystrophy, ALS and related muscle-debilitating diseases. Tickets are $5 each or five tickets for $20. The winner will be drawn at 2 p.m. on Saturday, March 17.
- NEW Daily Police Skills Presentation: Check out some amazing riding skills and see how expert law enforcement officers use Harley-Davidson Police motorcycles to navigate an obstacle course. (Daily at 10:30 a.m./1:30 p.m./3:30 p.m.)
- NEW Cole Freeman and the Ill Conduct Thrill Show: See a thrilling all-Harley stunt show that pushes the limits of motorcycle mayhem. (Daily at 11 a.m./2 p.m./4 p.m.)
- Sailor Jerry Garage: Kick back, grab a seat and get a beard trim, a boot shine and a temporary tattoo.
Harley-Davidson Events during Bike Week
- O.G.® Rally Rendezvous
Sunday, March 11 thru Wednesday, March 14, 5 to 7 p.m.
Location: The Bank & Blues Club, 701 Main Street, Daytona Beach, Fla.
Celebrate the 77th Daytona Bike Week with fellow H.O.G. members. Open to members and one guest with valid H.O.G. membership card. Enjoy complimentary appetizers, special pricing on beverages, giveaways, camaraderie and good times! Capacity is limited.
- Harley-Davidson Main Street Party
Monday, March 12; 7 p.m. to close
Location: Dirty Harry’s at 705 Main Street, Daytona Beach, Fla.
Kick off Bike Week with the Harley-Davidson crew and the rock tribute band Hairball.
- American Flat Track Racing: Harley-Davidson at Daytona TT
Thursday, March 15, 1 p.m. gates open
Location: Daytona International Speedway
Ride to the Speedway and cheer on Harley-Davidson® Factory Flat Track Racing Team riders Brandon Robinson, Sammy Halbert and Jared Vanderkooi as they battle the world’s top flat-track talent aboard roaring Harley-Davidson XG750R competition motorcycles. This opening race of the 2018 American Flat Track (AFT) Twins season will take place on a new 0.6-mile course built inside Daytona International Speedway that’s bigger, wider and faster thanks to the use of the track’s pit lane. Fans can expect higher cornering speeds and thrilling action in a 150-foot jump section. Go to American Flat Track for more information.
- NHRA Drag Racing: Amalie Motor Oil NHRA Gatornationals
Friday-Sunday, March 15-18
Location: Gainesville Raceway, 11211 N County Road 225, Gainesville, FL 32609
Ride to Gainesville and feel Harley-Davidson® V-Twin thunder when the Harley-Davidson® Screamin’ Eagle®/Vance & Hines drag racing team opens the Pro Stock Motorcycle season for the NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series. World Champion Ed Krawiec opens the defense of his title aboard a Harley-Davidson® Street Rod™ drag bike inspired by the Harley-Davidson® Street Rod™ production motorcycle, with teammate Andrew Hines racing to win it all again this season for Harley-Davidson. Go to NHRA for more information.
For the duration of Bike Week, Harley-Davidson is partnering with three iconic Daytona Beach Main Street establishments as the official motorcycle sponsor at The Bank and Blues Club, Dirty Harry’s and the Full Moon Saloon.
Be sure to follow Harley-Davidson on Facebook to join in the action, see daily videos and check out all the activity virtually.
About Harley-Davidson Motor Company
Since 1903, Harley-Davidson Motor Company has fulfilled dreams of personal freedom with cruiser, touring and custom motorcycles, riding experiences and events, and a complete line of Harley-Davidson motorcycle parts, accessories, general merchandise, riding gear and apparel. For more information, visit www.h-d.com.