Join Anamosa leaders, the Parham family, and the motorcycle community to celebrate famous Iowa businessman and a motorcycle industry legend, John Parham, founder of what is now the world’s largest retailer of motorcycle parts and accessories, J&P Cycles. Parham passed away earlier this year, but his memory is part of the lives of hundreds in the Anamosa, Iowa area.
Leading up to J&P Cycles’ 2017 Iowa Rally, one of the largest motorcycle events in the Midwest, Anamosa officials will rename Circle Drive adjacent to the J&P Cycles store, Parham Drive.
The free rally, which Parham started as a customer appreciation party, includes motocross stunt shows, live music, food, beer and opportunities to support Camp Courageous, a camp for kids and adults with disabilities. To learn more about the weekend long event, visit www.jpcycles.com/events/iowarally.
Street dedication event speakers will include Zach Parham, son of John Parham and President of MAG Retail Group, which owns J&P Cycles, Jill Parham, widow of John Parham and Executive Director of the National Motorcycle Museum in Anamosa, and City Administrator Alan Johnson of Anamosa.
- City officials and the Parham family unveiling the new street sign
- Anamosa community members remembering John Parham
- Riders roaring into Anamosa for the Iowa Rally
- Zach Parham, son of J&P Cycles’ founder John Parham and President of the MAG Retail Group
- Jill Parham, widow of John Parham and Executive Director of the National Motorcycle Museum
- City Administrator Alan Johnson, Anamosa, Iowa
DATE/TIME: Friday, June 23, 2017; 10:30 am
LOCATION: Intersection of Circle Drive and Harley Avenue, Anamosa
Adjacent to J&P Cycles, 13225 Circle Dr., Anamosa, IA 52205